I got a rather one-sided view of Hamburg when Stephen, Lauren, and I visited for an evening in early September, seeing as we arrived and made straight for the Reeperbahn (which, in spite of having spoken German for upwards of 10 years now, I persist in mentally pronouncing as "reaper" and not "raper"). You might notice a distinct lack of pictures of anything other than a few signs during daylight hours in the red light district (plus some amazingggg t-shirts). Much as I would have liked to take pictures of some of the excellent, glorious, nautical-themed dive bars, I figured the ladies of the night (who were all over the streets, and dressed quite pratically for the chilly evening) were not going to take too kindly to seeing a DSLR out in anyone's hands. Looking forward to visiting Hamburg again sometime soonish and seeing some other sides of the city!
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
reeperbahn
I got a rather one-sided view of Hamburg when Stephen, Lauren, and I visited for an evening in early September, seeing as we arrived and made straight for the Reeperbahn (which, in spite of having spoken German for upwards of 10 years now, I persist in mentally pronouncing as "reaper" and not "raper"). You might notice a distinct lack of pictures of anything other than a few signs during daylight hours in the red light district (plus some amazingggg t-shirts). Much as I would have liked to take pictures of some of the excellent, glorious, nautical-themed dive bars, I figured the ladies of the night (who were all over the streets, and dressed quite pratically for the chilly evening) were not going to take too kindly to seeing a DSLR out in anyone's hands. Looking forward to visiting Hamburg again sometime soonish and seeing some other sides of the city!
Labels:
establishments,
fall,
germany
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment