Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

bremen

IMG_3937 IMG_3952 IMG_3962 IMG_3955 IMG_3945 IMG_3944 IMG_3893 IMG_3828 IMG_3851 IMG_3871 IMG_3868 IMG_3874 IMG_3837 IMG_3974

Since I'm heading to Rome in just over 48 hours (!!!), I thought maybe I could go wild and try to post some pictures from when Stephen and I visited Lauren in Bremen in early September, on a gorgeous blue-skied weekend. The one time I'd been to Bremen before, I'd only stopped through on a layover long enough to wander through downtown and see the Bremer Stadtsmusikanten, and was delighted to find that the town is way cuter than anticipated. I went on a (painful) run along the river and wandered through town with Stephen and Lauren, checking out all of the marvelousness of the riverside flea market; ate some Bremer Knipp, which is the meat patty surrounded by pickles you see above and is also the closest thing to scrapple I've encountered outside of the mid-Atlantic; took an impromptu trip to Hamburg on the Metronom (pictures to follow in a separate post); ate a fabulous brunch at Cafe & Bar Celona (love that pun); and walked along the river on a Sunday warm enough that people were not only sunbathing but swimming, and I ran back to change into shorts before heading home.

Also, I feel as though you just have to love a town that provide you with a motorcycle with a pug box on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...