I went to see Terminator Salvation last night with Katie, Ana, and Ana's brother. Oh man. They called it Terminator Salvation for a reason, and that reason was made clear about three minutes into the movie when they equated Sam Worthington's character, Marcus, a death row inmate who was in the process of receiving a lethal injection, with Jesus. After which he became the new Terminator, and angsted in extremely unsurprising ways about it.
I completely lost it in the middle of a scene that's meant to make us think sexy times are about to happen ("I'm just cuddling with you for warmth. Your heart is so strong!") and after the movie was over a guy in the row in front of me turned to me and said, "Thank you for snorting out laughter at that point, because it gave the rest of us permission to cut loose."
It was pretty reminiscent of seeing Spiderman 3 with a bunch of Americans in Freiburg -- after the Americans burst out laughing at Spiderman landing in front of the American flag during the middle of the big fight scene at the end, the entire theater was like, we can laugh, too! THANK GOD.
Still, not a total waste of two and a half hours. I had a good time! I would still recommend seeing Star Trek for the third time instead, except that . . . I already did. Fourth time?? Seems a little excessive, and yet.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment